According to the digicame-info , the new Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS II lens will be announced in a few days. The price may be more expensive than the current at about $2,500.
Below is a rundown of this new lens.
- Smaller than the current EF 100-400 f/4.5-5.6L IS
- Will retain the same aperture range of 4.5-5.6
- Zoom ring design instead of push/pull
- Similar design to the EF 70-300 f/4-5.6L IS (zoom ring at front of lens)
- Lens hood is designed to make using polarizers easier
- Lens hood will be ET-83D (from DCI)
- New thumb screw design on the foot of the lens
- Obvious optical, AF and IS improvements