Fujifilm is expected to update the new lens roadmap on July 7, 2016. According to the latest rumors from Fujirumors, there are only three new XF lenses: XF 23mm F2, XF 50mm F2 and XF 80mm F2.8 Macro lens.
Szymon Starczewski posted a detailed review of the new released Fujifilm XF 100-400mm F4.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR lens (Amazon| B&H| Adorama| eBay) at the Lenstip.com. He tested this new lens on Fujifilm X-E1 and found many Pros:
- solid, weather resistant casing,
- very good image quality in the frame centre,
- sensible image quality on the edge of the frame,
- imperceptible longitudinal chromatic aberration,
- low lateral chromatic aberration,
- lack of problems with spherical aberration,
- imperceptible coma,
- nice out-of –focus areas,
- performance against bright light better than that of the rivals,
- efficient image stabilization.
Fujifilm will soon updated their lens roadmap 2016. According to the latest rumors from Fujirumors, the next lens will be Fujifilm XF 80mm F2.8 macro lens instead of Fujifilm XF 120mm and this new lens is not planned to be added OIS (optical image stabilization). Read More »
Fujifilm has just filed a new patent for Fujifilm 20mm F1.8 (eqiv) lens. This is a new wide-angle prime lens. Read More »
A new Fujifilm prime lens is coming! According to the latest rumors from Fujirumors, Fujifilm is now working on the new Fujifilm XF 50mm F2 lens. Read More »
After the new Fujifilm XF 100-400mm F4.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR lens is now in stock and shipping, it is time for the new Fujifilm XF 120mm F2.8 R OIS WR Macro lens. But according to the latest rumors from Fujirumors, Fujifilm postpone the originally scheduled. The new announcement is expected to be in the last quarter of 2016. Read More »