Recommended Lenses ...

Notifications
Clear all

Recommended Lenses for Canon EOS R50 ?

3 Posts
4 Users
3 Likes
Topic starter

I'm looking to purchase the new Canon EOS R50. As my first mirrorless camera, I would really appreciate some advice on good lenses to pair with it.

My budget for lenses is around $400-800 total to start out. I intend to shoot a variety of subjects - everything from landscapes and architecture to portraits and lowlight events. So I need lenses that are pretty versatile to use in different scenarios.

Any recommendations ?

Topic Tags
2 Answers

Here are my recommended lenses with your budget:

1. Best Starter Lens: Canon RF-S 18-45mm f/4.5-6.3 IS STM

• This compact lens is perfect for most R50 owners. It’s small, lightweight, and delivers solid image quality with fast autofocus. Ideal for everyday shooting and travel.
  2. Best Wide-Angle Lens: Canon EF-S 10-18mm f/4.5-5.6 IS STM

• Great for landscapes and architecture. It’s lightweight, has optical image stabilization, and works well with an adapter on the R50.
  3. Best Portrait Lens: Canon RF 50mm f/1.8 STM

• Budget-friendly and excellent for portraits. Lightweight, sharp, and offers a wide aperture for low-light shooting.
  4. Best Low-Light Lens: Canon RF 28mm f/2.8 IS STM

• A versatile wide-angle lens (equivalent to 45mm on the R50’s cropped sensor). Great for landscapes, environmental portraits, and street scenes.

Now you can wait for Sigma and Tamron RF mount lenses.

Six Sigma APS-C Lenses for Canon RF Mount to be Announced

Tamron Develops 11-20mm f/2.8 Di III-A RXD Lens for Canon RF APS-C Mirrorless Cameras

Avatar i-camp 04/05/2024 1:25 pm

@alex_q When is the official release date ?

Share: