Notifications
Clear all

Recommended lenses for Fujifilm X-S10 ?

1 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Hi everyone,

I recently purchased a Fujifilm X-S10 mirrorless camera and I'm looking for advice on the best lenses to pair with it. This is my first Fujifilm camera, so I'm not very familiar with the X-mount lens ecosystem yet.

I'm interested in shooting a variety of subjects, including:

• Landscapes
  • Portraits
  • Street photography
  • Some video work

I'd like to put together a versatile kit of 2-3 lenses that will cover my needs without breaking the bank. I'm open to both Fujifilm and third-party lenses.

From the research I've done so far, it seems like the Fujifilm 18-55mm f/2.8-4 is a great standard zoom lens to start with. For portraits, the 50mm f/2 or 56mm f/1.2 primes look appealing. And for a wider angle, maybe the 10-24mm f/4 or 16mm f/1.4?

I'd really appreciate any insights from X-S10 owners or those experienced with the Fujifilm system. What lenses do you think make the most sense as a starter kit? Are there any sleeper lenses I should consider?

Thanks in advance for your help! I'm excited to start exploring the Fujifilm lens lineup.

Topic Tags
1 Answer

Here are some great options to consider for your versatile starter kit:

1. Standard Zoom: Fujifilm XF 18-55mm f/2.8-4 R LM OIS

• As you mentioned, this is a fantastic all-around lens that covers a very useful focal range.
    • It offers excellent optical quality, fast aperture, and built-in image stabilization (OIS).
    • Perfect for landscapes, portraits, and general photography.
  2. Prime Lens for Portraits: Fujifilm XF 50mm f/2 R WR

• The 50mm f/2 is a compact and affordable prime lens that delivers stunning portrait results.
    • Its f/2 aperture allows for beautiful background separation and low-light performance.
    • The lens is also weather-resistant (WR), making it suitable for outdoor shoots.
    • If you have the budget and want the ultimate in portrait quality, the 56mm f/1.2 is indeed incredible, but the 50mm f/2 is a more cost-effective option.
  3. Wide-angle Lens: Fujifilm XF 16mm f/2.8 R WR

• For landscapes and street photography, the XF 16mm f/2.8 is a fantastic choice.
    • It's compact, lightweight, and offers excellent image quality with minimal distortion.
    • The f/2.8 aperture is fast enough for low-light situations and provides some background separation.
    • If you need an even wider field of view, the XF 10-24mm f/4 is a great option, but it's more expensive and less compact.

Some sleeper lenses to consider:

• Fujifilm XF 35mm f/2 R WR: A versatile prime lens for street photography and everyday shooting.
  • Viltrox 56mm f/1.4: A third-party alternative to the Fujifilm 56mm f/1.2 at a much lower price point.

Overall, the combination of the XF 18-55mm, XF 50mm f/2, and XF 16mm f/2.8 would make for a highly capable and versatile starter kit. They cover a wide range of focal lengths, offer excellent image quality, and won't break the bank.

Share: