Best Cine Lenses fo...

Notifications
Clear all

Best Cine Lenses for Sony FX3 ?

1 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

I recently acquired the Sony FX3 and I'm looking to invest in a set of high-quality cine lenses to elevate my video production. I primarily shoot narrative films, music videos, and commercials.

I'm considering factors such as build quality, sharpness, bokeh, and overall character. My budget is around $10,000 for a set of primes.

I'd love to hear your experiences and recommendations for the best cine lenses that pair well with the Sony FX3. Any insights on specific focal lengths, brands, or models would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you in advance.

Topic Tags
1 Answer

If you're looking for the best cine lenses for your Sony FX3, here are some great options to consider:

1. Sony FE PZ 28-135mm f/4 G OSS Lens - This is a versatile power zoom lens designed for 4K video. It has a constant f/4 aperture, smooth motion optics, and individual focus, iris and zoom rings. Great for run-and-gun shooting.

2. SLR Magic MicroPrime Cine Lenses - The 15mm T3.5, 25mm T1.5, 35mm T1.3, 50mm T1.2, and 75mm T1.5 MicroPrimes cover full-frame and have consistent lens gear placement for easy rig swapping. Compact size is ideal for gimbal use.

3. Rokinon Cine DS Lenses - The 24mm, 35mm, 50mm, 85mm T1.5 DS bundle gives you a set of fast primes with de-clicked aperture and follow focus gears in a nice Pelican case. The 16mm T2.6 is a good wide option. All cover full-frame.

4. Sirui 1.6x Anamorphic Lenses - For a cinematic look, the Sirui 35mm T2.9 and 50mm T2.9 1.6x anamorphics have beautiful blue lens flares and oval bokeh. The lightweight carbon fiber versions are great for gimbal work.

5. Rokinon and Samyang AF Cine Lenses - The Rokinon/Samyang AF 24mm T1.9, 35mm T1.9 and 75mm T1.9 give you the convenience of autofocus in a cine housing with gears. Compact size works well on gimbals.

6. Laowa Probe Lenses - For unique shots, the Laowa 24mm T14 Probe macro lens gets you into tight spaces. The 100mm T2.9 2x Ultra Macro APO is also great for stunning close-ups.

The choice really depends on your shooting needs and budget. But with the FX3's full-frame sensor, any of these lenses will help you capture some beautiful, cinematic footage. Let me know if you have any other questions!

Share: