Are Canon refurbish...

Notifications
Clear all

Are Canon refurbished lenses any good?

2 Posts
3 Users
2 Likes
Topic starter

I'm looking to buy a Canon 70-200mm f/2.8 lens but don't want to spend full price. I found some refurbished models sold directly by Canon that are several hundred dollars cheaper. For those who have bought refurbished Canon lenses, how was your experience? Is the quality and performance the same as new? Or do they tend to have more issues and defects?

2 Answers

Absolutely, Canon refurbished lenses are typically a great value, providing high-quality performance at a reduced cost. Here's a breakdown of the key points you might want to consider:

1. Quality Assurance: Canon refurbished lenses undergo a comprehensive quality assurance process. This includes detailed inspection, repair (if necessary), cleaning, and stringent testing to ensure they meet the same high standards as new lenses.

2. Condition: Most refurbished lenses are indistinguishable from new lenses. They are often products that were returned soon after purchase and show minimal, if any, signs of use.

3. Warranty: Canon offers a one-year limited warranty on their refurbished lenses, identical to the warranty provided with their new lenses. This should provide some peace of mind regarding your purchase.

4. Cost: Refurbished lenses typically cost significantly less than brand-new ones—sometimes up to 10-20% less. This is a great way to get your hands on high-quality Canon lenses at a more affordable price.

I bought about 5 refurbished Canon lenses, all are good, haven't got any issues. Compared new ones, they are really cheaper !

Share: