Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] Best canon lens for EOS R7 ?

9 Posts
8 Users
15 Likes
Topic starter

Hey everyone,

I recently purchased the Canon EOS R7 and I'm looking to invest in some high-quality lenses to enhance my photography experience. I've done some research, but I wanted to hear from the community about your recommendations for the best lenses for the Canon EOS R7.

Whether you're into portrait photography, landscape shots, or macro photography, I'd love to know which lenses you swear by and why. Share your favorite lenses, your go-to setups, and any tips or tricks you have for getting the most out of your Canon EOS R7.

Let's help each other build the ultimate lens collection for the Canon EOS R7!

Looking forward to hearing your suggestions and recommendations!

Topic Tags
7 Answers

For the Canon EOS R7 APS-C mirrorless camera, here are some great lens options to consider:

• Kit Lens - The Canon RF-S 18-150mm f/3.5-6.3 IS STM is the standard kit lens that comes bundled with the R7. It offers a versatile 29-240mm equivalent focal range and up to 7 stops of combined stabilization, making it a very capable walkabout lens despite some optical compromises.
  • Everyday Compact Lens - The Canon RF-S 18-45mm f/4.5-6.3 IS STM is a smaller and lighter kit option. Its 29-72mm range is more limited but great for travel. It's super portable when paired with the R7.
  • Wide-angle Zoom - RF-S 10-18mm f/4.5-6.3 IS STM lens is perfect for landscape and other wide-angle photography.
  • Telephoto Zoom - The Canon RF-S 55-210mm f/5-7.1 IS STM gives you an affordable 88-336mm equivalent telephoto range in a compact package, perfect as a next lens after a kit zoom.
  • Superzoom - For even more reach, the full-frame Canon RF 100-400mm f/5.6-8 IS USM covers 160-640mm equivalent on the R7, giving you super-telephoto capabilities.
  • Supertelephoto Prime - If you need incredible reach, the unique Canon RF 600mm f/11 IS STM provides a staggering 960mm equivalent focal length at a relatively affordable price.
  • Standard Zoom - The Canon RF 15-30mm f/4.5-6.3 IS STM gives you a 24-48mm equivalent wide-angle range on the R7 and can work on full-frame too if you upgrade later.
  • Standard Prime - Primes like the RF 35mm f/1.8 Macro and RF 50mm f/1.8 (80mm equivalent on the R7) are affordable yet capable options for low light, portraits, etc.

The R7 is a very capable APS-C camera and is well-supported by Canon's growing RF lens lineup, giving you many great options to build out your kit.

veeee2223 veeee2223 04/04/2024 2:12 am

@tomaa great list, since EOS R7 is Canon's flagship APS-C mirrorless camera, some high-end RF lenses are also recommended.

For APS-C RF lenses, i would recommend the RF-S 10-18mm f/4.5-6.3 IS STM

veeee2223 veeee2223 04/04/2024 1:58 am

@we222 Yes, this is one of the best wide-angle zoom lens for EOS R7.

1. The Canon RF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM is an excellent all-around zoom lens for the EOS R7. It offers great image quality, optical image stabilization, and a versatile focal range suitable for everything from landscapes to portraits.
  2. For low-light photography and portraits, the Canon RF 50mm f/1.8 STM is a compact and affordable prime lens that pairs beautifully with the R7's excellent autofocus capabilities. Its bright f/1.8 aperture is also great for shallow depth of field effects.
  3. Wildlife and bird photographers will appreciate the reach and performance of the Canon RF 100-500mm f/4.5-7.1L IS USM super-telephoto zoom lens. Its long 500mm reach and advanced image stabilization are extremely useful when shooting handheld with the R7.
  4. Landscape photographers may prefer the Canon RF 15-35mm f/2.8L IS USM ultra-wide zoom for its dramatic wide-angle perspective and impressive optical qualities like low distortion and excellent sharpness.
  5. The Canon RF 85mm f/2 MACRO IS STM is a unique and versatile lens well-suited to the R7. It can focus extremely close for 1:1 macro photography but also doubles as a great short telephoto portrait lens.
  6. For video work, the Canon RF 24-70mm f/2.8L IS USM is a fantastic option thanks to its constant f/2.8 aperture, image stabilization, and smooth, quiet autofocus performance ideal for movies.

And for travel lens, the Canon RF-S 18-150mm f/3.5-6.3 IS STM Lens should be the best choice. this lens can cover all your needs with one lightweight optic.

For wildlife and sports shooting, I'd go with the RF 100-400mm f/5.6-8 IS USM. The long reach, fast autofocus and optical stabilization make it ideal for action photography with this camera.

Posted by: @yorkyork

For wildlife and sports shooting, I'd go with the RF 100-400mm f/5.6-8 IS USM. The long reach, fast autofocus and optical stabilization make it ideal for action photography with this camera.

I also suggest this lens for EOS R7.

Waiting for Sigma and Tamron to release their RF mount APS-C mirrorless lenses.

Share: