Forum

What are the best v...

Notifications
Clear all

What are the best vintage lenses to use with Fujifilm cameras?

2 Posts
3 Users
2 Likes
Topic starter

I just picked up a Fuji X-T4 and love the look and feel of vintage glass. What manual focus lenses would you recommend I pair with my new X-T4 for that classic rendering? Mostly interested in portraits and street photography.

Topic Tags
2 Answers

Many vintage lenses can be adapted to Fujifilm's X-mount cameras, opening up some fun and affordable options. Here are a few of my favorites:

1. Minolta MC and MD series - These 1970s-80s lenses offer great bang for buck. The 50mm 1.7 is a sharp, compact prime and affordable at around $50. The Rokkor 85mm 1.7 has gorgeous bokeh for portraits. Just watch out for lens coating peel issues on some copies.

2. Canon FD - Lots of fast prime and zoom choices. The Canon FD 50mm 1.4 is very sharp wide open with pleasing bokeh. The FD 85mm 1.2 L has a legendary dreamy look. Build quality is excellent but they can be pricier.

3. Olympus OM - Compact, light and sharp lenses perfect for travel. The 50mm 1.8 "Zuiko" pancake is a winner. The 28mm lenses deliver excellent wide angle views. Great mechanical feel in use.

4. Pentax M series - These tiny Pentax-M series primes around 40-50mm have outstanding image quality in a pocketable form factor. The 40mm 2.8 "pancake" and 50mm 1.7 are affordable favorites.

Remember to get an adapter to fit the lens mount properly. K&F Concept, Fotodiox and Techart make good adapters.

Canon FD and Canon LTM lenses are my favorite vintage lenses.

Share: