TAMRON Announces Development of Second-generation Fast-Aperture Standard Zoom Lens for Sony Full-Frame Mirrorless Cameras
New 28-75mm F2.8 G2 offers significantly improved optical and autofocus performance and new function customization
August 4, 2021, Commack, NY – Tamron announces the development of a second generation fast-aperture standard zoom lens for Sony E-mount full-frame mirrorless cameras: 28-75mm F/2.8 Di III VXD G2 (Model A063). The lens is expected to launch in 2021.
Overview of the 28-75mm F/2.8 Di III VXD G2 (Model A063) featuresThe 28-75mm F2.8 G2 is the successor of the 28-75mm F/2.8 Di III RXD (Model A036), a popular zoom lens that has earned high evaluation worldwide. It reflects the fruits of continuous evolution and customer-focused refinement. Retaining the well-received compact size of its predecessor, the new 28-75mm F2.8 G2 incorporates a new optical construction based on a design that has been revamped to enhance imaging performance and its features are compatible with the latest model digital cameras that offer increased resolution. The AF drive, TAMRON’s VXD (Voice-coil eXtreme-torque Drive) linear motor focus mechanism, is adopted to deliver higher autofocus speed with greater precision. With the MOD (Minimum Object Distance) of 7.1” at the wide end and a maximum magnification ratio of 1:2.7, the lens boasts advanced close-up shooting performance. Additionally, it features a new design in the pursuit of enhanced operability and ergonomic texture. TAMRON pioneered the category of compact fast-aperture standard zoom lenses for mirrorless cameras and the new 28-75mm F2.8 G2 truly is a next-generation lens for everyday use.
The new lens supports the full array of frequently used angles-of-view including wide-angle, standard, medium telephoto and telephoto, making it easy to compose the perfect shot without changing lenses or your position from the subject.
Originally developed software ‘TAMRON Lens Utility’ for lens function customization
This lens is compatible with the new ‘TAMRON Lens Utility’ software originally and uniquely developed by TAMRON. TAMRON Lens Utility can be operated via your computer by connecting the lens from its Connector Port via the optional TAMRON Connection Cable . Users can customize the functions and update the firmware through the lens rather than through the camera. The personal customization gives flexible shooting options to match the shooting situation such as still photography or videography
- Versatile standard zoom designed for full-frame Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras but can also be used with APS-C models where it will provide a 42-112.5mm equivalent focal length range.
- Bright constant f/2.8 maximum aperture affords consistent illumination throughout the zoom range and also affords greater control over depth of field for working with selective focus techniques.
- Improved optical design increases resolution and enhances imaging performance.
- VXD (Voice-coil eXtreme-torque Drive) linear motor focus mechanism provides fast, quiet, and precise autofocus performance throughout the zoom range.
- Minimum focusing distance of just 7.1″ and a 1:2.7 maximum magnification for working with close-up subjects.
- Updated ergonomic design for improved operability.
- Connector port works in conjunction with Tamron Lens Utility software for customizing lens functions and updating firmware through the lens rather than through the camera.
Tamron 28-75mm F2.8 Di III VXD lens key features:
- E-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Maximum Aperture: f/2.8
- Updated Optical Design
- VXD Linear Motor Focus Mechanism
- Minimum Focusing Distance: 7.1″
- Tamron Lens Utility Connector Port
Read More Tamron Lens Rumors
See also 2021 Tamron Lens Deals