Maciej Latałło has just posted a full review of the newly announced Fujifilm XF 8-16mm F2.8 R LM WR lens (Amazon/ B&H/ Adorama) at the Lenstip.com. He tested this new lens on the Fujifilm X-T2 and found this is a very well-done and optically good lens.
- huge, solid, weather-sealed casing,
- sensational image quality in the frame centre,
- sensible image quality on the edge of the frame in the 12–16 mm range,
- slight longitudinal chromatic aberration,
- low lateral chromatic aberration,
- silent and very fast autofocus.
Verdict from Lenstips, ” you deal here with a fast, ultra wide angle zoom instrument closed in a solid, weather-resistant casing, very difficult to design and produce. It is able to provide sensational image quality in the frame centre…If the producer adds just a piece of cloth instead of a solid case to a lens costing almost $2000 it’s really an exaggeration ”
Below are some sample images taken with Fujifilm X-T2. Just enjoy!
2018 Fujifilm Black Friday & Cyber Monday Deals:
- Amazon Cyber Monday Camera & Lenses Deal Page
- B&H Photo Video Cyber Monday Deal Page
- Adorama Cyber Monday Deal Page
- eBay Cyber Monday Camera & Photo Deal Page
- Best Buy Cyber Monday Deals 2018
Read More Fujifilm Lens Rumors