Nikon has just officially announced the new Nikon Nikkor Z 20mm F1.8 S Lens. It is composed of 14 elements in 11 groups, including three ED and three aspherical elements, using a nine-blade aperture and offers Nano Crystal Coating. The minimum focus distance is 0.2m (7.9″) while the max magnification is 0.19x. The lens is sealed against dust and moisture. This new lens costs $1,046,95, first available for pre-order at B&H/ Adorama.
- programmable control ring can be set for intuitive adjustment over a variety of camera and exposure settings.
- Prime wide-angle lens is designed for FX-format Z-mount mirrorless cameras, however can also be used with DX models where it provides a 30mm equivalent focal length.
- Bright f/1.8 maximum aperture suits working in difficult lighting conditions and also offers increased control over depth of field.
- Three aspherical elements are used to reduce spherical aberrations and distortion in order to realize sharp imagery with accurate rendering.
- Three extra-low dispersion elements greatly reduce color fringing and chromatic aberrations throughout the zoom range in order to produce greater clarity and color rendering.
- A Nano Crystal Coat, along with a Super Integrated Coating, has been applied to lens elements to minimize surface and internal reflections for a marked reduction in lens flare and ghosting.
- Multi-focus system incorporates two separate AF drive units, which are synchronized, to deliver especially fast and accurate focusing performance. This system uses stepping motors, which offer impressively smooth and quiet autofocus qualities, that are well-suited to both stills and video applications. Full-time manual focus override is also possible and an internal focusing design is used, where only the internal lens groups are moved during focusing, to maintain the overall length of the lens during use and to promote faster focusing speeds.
- Programmable Control Ring is, by default, set to adjust manual focus, but can also be used to control aperture or exposure compensation.
- Specialized electromagnetic aperture mechanism provides greater exposure control stability that is especially beneficial when working with fast continuous shooting rates.
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm promotes a pleasing out of focus quality that benefits the use of shallow depth of field and selective focus techniques.
- Dust- and moisture-resistant lens barrel benefits the lens’ use in inclement conditions.
Below are the detailed specifications:
|Lens type||Prime lens|
|Max Format size||35mm FF|
|Focal length||20 mm|
|Lens mount||Nikon Z|
|Number of diaphragm blades||9|
|Special elements / coatings||ED and aspherical elements + Nano Crystal and Super Integrated coatings|
|Minimum focus||0.20 m (7.87″)|
|Motor type||Stepper motor|
|Full time manual||Yes|
|Weight||505 g (1.11 lb)|
|Diameter||85 mm (3.35″)|
|Length||109 mm (4.29″)|
|Filter thread||77 mm|
Read More Nikon Lens Rumors
See also 2020 Nikon Lens Deals