Samyang has just officially announced the new Rokinon AF 14mm f/2.8 RR Lens for Canon RF mirrorless cameras. Its relatively fast f/2.8 maximum aperture suits working in difficult lighting conditions, and its optical design incorporates three aspherical and two low dispersion elements to help reduce distortion and color fringing for improved clarity and sharpness. An Ultra Multi-Coating has also been applied, as well as an integrated lens hood, to suppress flare and ghosting for greater contrast and color accuracy when working in strong lighting conditions. Additionally, the lens’ autofocus motor provides quick and precise focusing performance, and manual focus override is also available for more refined control. This new lens costs $699, available for pre-order at B&H.
Below are the key features:
- Super wide-angle prime is designed for full-frame Canon RF-mount mirrorless cameras.
- Three aspherical elements are incorporated in the optical design to control spherical aberrations for increased clarity and resolution from edge to edge.
- Two extra-low dispersion glass elements work to reduce chromatic aberrations; improve overall image sharpness, clarity, and color fidelity; and help to minimize the overall weight of the lens.
- An Ultra Multi-Coating has been applied to individual elements in order to reduce flare and ghosting for increased contrast and a neutral color balance.
- The integrated autofocus motor provides quick, accurate, and precise AF control. Manual focus override is also available for refining your focus position.
- Rounded seven-blade diaphragm contributes to a smooth and pleasing bokeh quality.
Rokinon 14mm F/2.8 AF Specs
|Lens Mount||Canon RF|
|Angle of View||113.9°|
|Minimum Focus Distance||7.87″ / 20 cm|
|Optical Design||14 Elements in 10 Groups|
|Diaphragm Blades||7, Rounded|
|Filter Size||Gel Filter (Rear)|
|Dimensions (ø x L)||3.39 x 3.75″ / 86 x 95.3 mm|
|Weight||1.15 lb / 523 g|
Read more Samyang Lens Rumors