Sigma has just officially announced the new Sigma 24-70mm F2.8 DG DN Art lens. It is a premium standard zoom lens for Sony Full Frame and Panasonic/Leica/Sigma L-mount. The lens has 19 elements, including low dispersion (FLD), special low dispersion (SLD) and aspheric glass. It has both ‘Super Multi-Layer’ and ‘Nano Porous’ coatings to reduce flare. It is now first available for Pre-Order at B&H.
- As part of the Art line within Sigma’s Global Vision series, this lens is designed to achieve truly notable optical performance and is ideally suited for creative and artistic applications.
- Standard zoom is designed for full-frame Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras, however can also be used with APS-C-format models where it will provide a 36-105mm equivalent focal length range.
- Constant f/2.8 maximum aperture is well-suited for working in available light conditions and also provides greater control over depth of field when using shallow depth of field techniques.
- Six F Low Dispersion (FLD) and two Special Low Dispersion (SLD) elements markedly reduce chromatic aberrations and color fringing throughout the zoom range for improved clarity and color accuracy.
- Three aspherical elements control spherical aberrations and distortion for increased sharpness and accurate rendering.
- Both Super Multi-Layer and Nano Porous Coatings have been applied to lens elements in order to minimize lens flare and ghosting and contribute to producing contrast-rich and color-neutral imagery, even in backlit conditions.
- Integrated stepping motor realizes quick and quiet autofocus, which is further complemented by an optimized AF algorithm to produce smoother focusing performance.
- At the wide-angle end of the zoom range, a minimum focusing distance of 7.1″ is possible with a maximum magnification of 1:2.9 to suit working with close-up subjects. At the telephoto end, the minimum focusing distance is 1.25′ with a maximum magnification of 1:4.5.
- Integrated AF-L button can be programmed to adjust various shooting settings and the lens also features a dedicated AF/MF switch and a zoom lock switch to prevent the barrel from accidentally extended.
- Rounded 11-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality.
- Brass bayonet affords improved mounting accuracy and rigidity and rubber sealing is incorporated in the mount’s design to render it dust- and splash-resistant.
Below are the detailed specifications:
|Lens type||Zoom lens|
|Max Format size||35mm FF|
|Focal length||24–70 mm|
|Lens mount||Leica SL, Sony FE|
|Number of diaphragm blades||11|
|Special elements / coatings||6 FLD + 2 SLD + aspherical elements, Super Multi-Layer and Nano Porous coatings|
|Minimum focus||0.18 m (7.09″)|
|Motor type||Stepper motor|
|Full time manual||Yes|
|Weight||835 g (1.84 lb)|
|Diameter||88 mm (3.46″)|
|Length||123 mm (4.84″)|
|Zoom method||Rotary (extending)|
|Filter thread||82 mm|
|SUPPORT LENS-RUMORS, BUY FROM ONE OF OUR AFFILIATE RETAILERS, THANKS !|
|Sigma 14-24mm F2.8 DG DN A||Check Price||B&H/ Adorama|
|Sigma 35mm F1.2 DG DN A||Check Price||B&H/ Adorama|
|Sigma 45mm F2.8 DG DN C||Check Price||B&H/ Adorama
|Sigma 24-70mm F2.8 DG DN A||Check Price|| B&H
.Read more Sigma Lens Rumors