Tamron has just announced the new Tamron 28-75mm F2.8 Di III RXD lens for Sony FE mount. It is a high-speed zoom lens, featuring a new “RXD” (Rapid eXtra-silent stepping drive) AF motor with support for Sony’s Direct Manual Focus, a light weigh of 550g/19.4oz and a minimum focus distance of 19cm/7.5″. It is now listed at B&H. The price is not released yet.
The Key Features:
- Superb optical performance, including both outstanding image quality and beautiful background blur effects (bokeh), provided by fast F/2.8 aperture.
- Comfortably light weight (19.4 oz.) and compact (4.6 in).
- Close-focusing; Minimum Object Distance: 7.5 in at wide-angle setting and 15.3 in at the telephoto position.
- All-new “RXD” stepping motor AF unit is extremely quiet and therefore perfect for video capture.
- Exciting next-generation design keeping the brand consistency that is ergonomically superb.
- Moisture-Resistant Construction and Fluorine Coating for weather protection.
- Compatible with the “Direct Manual Focus (DMF)” feature that enables Sony cameras to instantly switch between autofocus and manual focus.
|Lens type||Zoom lens|
|Max Format size||35mm FF|
|Focal length||28–75 mm|
|Lens mount||Sony FE|
|Special elements / coatings||Fluorine coating|
|Minimum focus||0.19 m (7.48″)|
|Motor type||Stepper motor|
|Full time manual||Yes|
|Weight||550 g (1.21 lb)|
|Length||117 mm (4.61″)|
|Zoom method||Rotary (extending)|
Read More Tamron Lens Rumors