Best Lenses for Fuj...

Notifications
Clear all

Best Lenses for Fujifilm X-H2S ?

4 Posts
5 Users
6 Likes
Topic starter

I just got the new Fujifilm X-H2S camera body and am looking for recommendations on the best lenses to pair with it. I shoot a mix of landscapes, portraits, and some wildlife/sports. My budget is around $3000 for lenses. What are your favorite X-mount lenses for this camera?

Topic Tags
3 Answers

I'd go for the Fujifilm 50-140mm f/2.8 for sports/wildlife along with the 16-55mm recommended above. The 50-140 is tack sharp and the f/2.8 aperture gives you that nice subject separation and low light performance. A bit big and heavy but worth it for the pro build and optics.

The Fujifilm 16-55mm f/2.8 is probably the most versatile zoom lens for the X-H2S. It's a pro-grade weather-sealed lens with excellent sharpness and fast aperture across the whole zoom range. Great for landscape, portraits, and even some sports/wildlife if you don't need extreme tele reach.

mnmn1 mnmn1 02/05/2024 8:56 am

@biende11 Add a Sigma 30mm f/1.4 lens for prime shootings.

1. Best Standard Zoom Lenses:

• Fujifilm XF 16-55mm f/2.8 R LM WR: This lens offers excellent image quality, a constant f/2.8 aperture, and weather resistance. It’s perfect for versatile shooting, including landscapes and portraits.
    • Tamron 17-70mm f/2.8 Di III-A VC RXD: A more affordable option with a versatile focal range and a bright f/2.8 aperture. Great for all-around use.
  2. Best Standard Prime Lens:

• Fujifilm XF 33mm f/1.4 R LM WR: A high-quality prime lens with a wide aperture for beautiful bokeh and low-light performance.
  3. Best All-in-one Lens:

• Tamron 18-300mm f/3.5-6.3 Di III-A VC VXD: If you want a single lens that covers a broad focal range, this all-in-one lens is a great choice. It’s suitable for travel, landscapes, and even some wildlife photography.
  4. Best Wide-angle Zoom Lenses:

• Fujifilm XF 8-16mm f/2.8 R LM WR: Ideal for expansive landscapes and architectural shots. The f/2.8 aperture ensures excellent image quality.
  5. Best Wide-angle Prime Lenses:

• Fujifilm XF 8mm f/3.5 R WR: A fisheye lens for unique perspectives.
    • Fujifilm XF 14mm f/2.8 R: A compact and sharp prime lens for wide-angle shots.
    • Fujifilm XF 16mm f/1.4 R WR: Excellent low-light performance and beautiful bokeh.
  6. Best Street and Travel Lenses:

• Fujifilm XF 23mm f/2 R WR: Compact, weather-sealed, and great for street photography.
    • Fujifilm XF 16mm f/2.8 R WR: Lightweight and versatile for travel.
    • Fujifilm XF 27mm f/2.8 R WR: A pancake lens for discreet shooting.
Share: