Today, Leica officially announced the new Leica Super-Vario-Elmar-SL 16–35mm f/3.5–4.5 ASPH Lens for Leica SL mirrorless system cameras. This new lens costs $5,495.00, available for pre-order at B&H.
Below are the key features:
- Wide-angle zoom is designed for full-frame Leica L-mount mirrorless cameras, however can also be used with APS-C models where it provides a 24-52.5mm equivalent focal length range.
- Two aspherical elements are used to reduce distortion and spherical aberrations for improved sharpness and accurate rendering.
- Three anomalous partial dispersion glass elements are featured to suppress chromatic aberrations throughout the aperture range for increased color accuracy and clarity.
- Multi-layer coatings have been applied to individual elements to suppress surface reflections, flare, and ghosting for increased contrast and color fidelity.
- Stepping motor delivers quick, precise, and near-silent autofocus performance to suit both photo and video applications. This system also avails full-time manual focus override.
- Floating elements system and an internal focusing design maintain consistent image quality throughout the focusing range, from 9.8″ to infinity.
- Water-repellent AquaDura coating has been applied to the front and rear optical surfaces to protect against moisture and other elements.
- Weather-sealed design protects against dust and moisture to benefit working in inclement shooting conditions.
- Leica Super-Vario-Elmar-SL 16–35mm f/3.5–4.5 ASPH–Pre-Order— B&H
- L-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range: f/3.5 to f/22
- Two Aspherical Elements
- Three Low Dispersion Elements
- Multi-Layer and AquaDura Coatings
- Stepping AF Motor
- Floating Elements System, Internal Focus
- Dust and Moisture-Resistant Design