Good News!!! Lenbaby has just officially announced the Velvet 85mm f/1.8 Lens. This new lens costs $499.95, available for Canon EF/ Nikon F/ Fujifilm X/ Samsung NX/ Sony E/ Sony A and 4/3 mounts.
- Shot telephoto portrait-length lens is designed for full-frame and APS-C and 4/3 mounts.
- Bright F1.8 maximum aperture affords greater control over depth of field for working with shallow depth of field and selective focus techniques, and also benefits working in low-light conditions.
- Inspired by classic portrait lenses from the mid-20 century, this ens is designed to produce an ethereal glowing quality with soft, smooth tonality that is well-suited to portraiture.
- Softness can be controlled by stopping-down the lens: when stopped-down to f/16, the image exhibits a smooth quality with greater central sharpness.
- A working distance of 9.5″ along with a 1:2 reproduction ratio suits working with close-up subjects.
- Manual focus design with a smooth dampened focusing movement is complemented by engraved focus distance indicators.
- A 12-blade diaphragm contributes to a smooth bokeh quality that is ideal for selective focus imagery.