Tokina has just officially announced the new Tokina FiRIN 100mm F2.8 FE Macro Lens for Sony E mount. It is a short telephoto macro lens, offering a life-size, 1:1 maximum magnification along with an 11.8″ minimum focusing distance. This new lens costs $599, first available for pre-order at B&H/ Adorama.
- Short-telephoto prime, this lens is designed for full-frame Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras, however can also be used with APS-C models where it provides a 150mm equivalent focal length.
- True macro design affords a life-size 1:1 maximum magnification along with an 11.8″ minimum focusing distance and 4.5″ working distance to suit photographing close-up subjects.
- Flat-field optical design helps to greatly reduce field curvature in order to realize consistent, edge-to-edge sharpness and illumination throughout the aperture and focusing ranges.
- Multi-layered coating helps to alleviate lens flare and ghosting when working in strong lighting conditions.
- Autofocus system offers precise focusing capabilities along with full-time manual focus control for fine-tuned control.
- Extending lens barrel features a printed magnification scale to aid macro shooting situations.
- Internal contacts relay distance and aperture information to the camera body to enable full support of in-camera focusing aids.
- Nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality.
Read more Tokina lens rumors