Fujifilm has just officially announced the new FUJIFILM XF 16-80mm f/4 R OIS WR Lens. It is a fairly compact, versatile zoom lens for the company’s APS-C mirrorless cameras, featuring 16 elements in total, including ED and aspherical glass, as well as a nine-blade aperture, the minimum focus distance of 35cm (13.8″), with a max magnification of 0.25x, 89mm (3.5″) long and 440g (15.5oz) and fully weather-sealed. This new lens costs $799, first available for pre-order at Amazon/ B&H/ Adorama.
- Standard zoom is designed for APS-C-format Fujifilm X-mount mirrorless cameras and offers a 24-120mm equivalent focal length range.
- One extra-low dispersion aspherical element is used greatly reduce color fringing and chromatic aberrations in order to produce high clarity and color fidelity throughout the zoom range.
- Three aspherical elements control distortion and spherical aberrations, which helps to improve sharpness and realize more accurate rendering.
- A Super EBC (Electron Beam Coating) coating has been applied to the entire surface of each element to for controlling ghosting and flare for greater contrast and color accuracy.
- Quick and quiet autofocus performance benefits both stills and video applications.
- An advanced Optical Image Stabilization system minimizes the appearance of camera shake by up to six stops to enable sharper imaging when working with longer focal lengths or slower shutter speeds.
- Weather-sealed lens body protects against dust and moisture, and to enable worry-free use in inclement conditions and freezing temperatures as low as 14°F.
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing out-of-focus quality to benefit the use of selective focus and shallow depth of field techniques.
Below are the detailed specifications:
|Lens type||Zoom lens|
|Max Format size||APS-C / DX|
|Focal length||16–80 mm|
|CIPA Image stabilization rating||6 stop(s)|
|Lens mount||Fujifilm X|
|Number of diaphragm blades||9|
|Special elements / coatings||1 ED + 3 aspherical elements|
|Minimum focus||0.35 m (13.78″)|
|Full time manual||Yes|
|Weight||440 g (0.97 lb)|
|Diameter||78 mm (3.07″)|
|Length||89 mm (3.5″)|
|Zoom method||Rotary (extending)|
|Filter thread||72 mm|
Read More Fujifilm Lens Rumors
See also 2019 Fujifilm Lens Deals