Along with the FUJIFILM XF 16-80mm f/4 R OIS WR Lens (Amazon/ B&H/ Adorama), Fujifilm also announced the Fujifilm GF 50mm F3.5 R LM WR lens. It is a compact and lightweight (relatively speaking) lens for the company’s medium format GFX bodies, featuring 9 elements, as well as a 9-blade aperture, a linear motor for responsive autofocus, a minimum subject distance of 55cm (21.6″) and weather-sealed for just 335g (11.8oz). This new lens costs $999, available for pre-order at Amazon/ B&H/ Adorama.
- Prime 50mm lens offers a 40mm equivalent focal length to realize a normal field of view for working with a variety of subjects.
- Impressively compact “pancake” design makes this lens especially portable and ideal for everyday shooting.
- The nine elements, six groups optical design incorporates one aspherical element to reduce spherical aberrations and distortions for cleaner, more realistic rendering and sharper image quality.
- A linear AF motor is used for especially quick and quiet focusing performance and is well-suited to both photo and video applications.
- Physical aperture ring allows for intuitive adjustment over exposure settings, and incorporates a C (Command) position to permit camera-based aperture setting.
- Dust- and weather-sealed physical construction enables working in harsh climates and temperatures as low as 14°F.
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality.
Below are the detailed specifications:
|Lens type||Prime lens|
|Max Format size||Medium Format (44x33mm)|
|Focal length||50 mm|
|Lens mount||Fujifilm G|
|Number of diaphragm blades||9|
|Special elements / coatings||1 aspherical element|
|Minimum focus||0.55 m (21.65″)|
|Motor type||Linear Motor|
|Full time manual||Yes|
|Weight||335 g (0.74 lb)|
|Diameter||84 mm (3.31″)|
|Length||48 mm (1.89″)|
|Filter thread||62 mm|
Read More Fujifilm Lens Rumors
See also 2019 Fujifilm Lens Deals