Panasonic has just officially announced the new Panasonic Leica DG Vario-Summilux 10-25mm f/1.7 ASPH Lens. It is a fast, versatile zoom lens that covers five popular focal lengths (20, 24, 28, 35 and 50mm), featuring 17 elements (including ASPH, UHR and ED), internal focus and a nine-blade aperture with ‘seamless control’. This new lens costs $1,797.99, available for Pre-Order at Amazon/ B&H/ Adorama. It will start shipping from 07/25/2019.
- Wide-to-normal zoom is designed for Micro Four Thirds mirrorless cameras and offers a 20-50mm equivalent focal length range.
- Impressively bright f/1,7 constant maximum aperture excels in low-light conditions throughout the zoom range and also offers improved depth of field control.
- Three aspherical elements, four extra-low dispersion elements, and one ultra high-refractive index element all combine to suppress color fringing, chromatic aberrations, and spherical aberrations for high clarity, sharpness, and color accuracy.
- Fast 240 fps autofocus drive, along with an internal focusing system, delivers smooth, accurate, and quiet focusing performance to benefit both stills and video applications. Additionally, a focus clutch mechanism delivers especially quick AF/MF switching.
- Physical aperture ring has a stepless, de-clicked design for smooth, silent aperture switching to benefit video applications.
- Splash, dust, and freezeproof design benefits working in inclement weather conditions.
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a smooth and pleasing bokeh quality.
Below are the detailed specifications:
|Lens type||Zoom lens|
|Max Format size||FourThirds|
|Focal length||10–25 mm|
|Lens mount||Micro Four Thirds|
|Number of diaphragm blades||9|
|Special elements / coatings||1 UHR, 3 aspherical, 4 ED elements|
|Minimum focus||0.28 m (11.02″)|
|Motor type||Stepper motor|
|Full time manual||Yes|
|Weight||690 g (1.52 lb)|
|Diameter||88 mm (3.46″)|
|Length||128 mm (5.04″)|
|Zoom method||Rotary (extending)|
|Filter thread||77 mm|
Read more Panasonic Lens Rumors