Along with Panasonic Lumix DC-S1H (B&H/ Adorama), Panasonic also announce the new Panasonic Lumix S Pro 24-70mm F2.8 lens. It is a fast standard zoom for L-mount bodies, featuring 18 elements, including aspherical, UHR and ED glass, and an 11-blade aperture, two focus motors (one stepping, the other linear) plus an ‘Ultrasonic Assist’ to move the focusing elements, minimum focus distance of37cm, with a max magnification of 0.25x and weather sealed. This new lens costs $2,197.99, first available for pre-order at Amazon/ B&H/ Adorama.
- Standard zoom is designed for full-frame L-mount mirrorless cameras, however can also be used with APS-C models where it provides a 36-105mm equivalent focal length range.
- Bright constant f/2.8 maximum aperture maintains consistent illumination throughout the zoom range and affords greater control over depth of field.
- Three aspherical elements and one ultra-high refractive index element help to minimize distortions and spherical aberrations throughout the zoom range in order to maintain edge-to-edge sharpness and illumination.
- Four extra-low dispersion elements greatly reduce chromatic aberrations and color fringing in order to produce a high degree of clarity and color accuracy.
- A double focus system employs both a linear motor and a stepping motor to deliver impressively fast, precise, and quiet autofocus performance.
- Manual focus clutch allows you to simply push or pull the focusing range to quickly switch between AF and MF focusing modes.
- Optical Image Stabilizer minimizes the appearance of camera shake for sharper handheld shooting, and also supports the Dual I.S. 2.0 function for increased stabilization performance.
- Splash, dust, and freezeproof design benefits working in inclement weather conditions down to -14°F.
- Rounded 11-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality.
Below are the detailed specifications of Panasonic Lumix S Pro 24-70mm F2.8 lens.
|Lens type||Zoom lens|
|Max Format size||35mm FF|
|Focal length||24–70 mm|
|Lens mount||Leica SL|
|Number of diaphragm blades||11|
|Special elements / coatings||3 aspherical + 1 UHR + 4 ED elements|
|Minimum focus||0.37 m (14.57″)|
|Motor type||Linear Motor|
|Full time manual||Yes|
|Focus notes||Has double focus system made up of linear and stepping motors|
|Weight||935 g (2.06 lb)|
|Diameter||91 mm (3.58″)|
|Length||140 mm (5.51″)|
|Zoom method||Rotary (extending)|
|Filter thread||82 mm|
|SUPPORT LENS-RUMORS, BUY FROM ONE OF OUR AFFILIATE RETAILERS, THANKS !|
|Panasonic lumix S Pro 24-70mm F2.8
||Pre-Order||Amazon/ B&H/ Adorama|
Read more Panasonic Lens Rumors