Along with the Panasonic Lumix DC-G95 (B&H/ Adorama), Panasonic also announced the new Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-140mm F3.5-5.6 II ASPH Power OIS lens. It is a minor update to the original version, with the only change being the addition of some degree of weather-sealing. This new lens costs $597.99, first available for Pre-Order at B&H/ Adorama.
- Designed for Micro Four Thirds mirrorless cameras, this lens provides a 28-280mm equivalent focal length range to cover wide-angle to telephoto perspectives.
- Three aspherical elements and two extra-low dispersion elements combine to minimize spherical and chromatic aberrations, as well as distortion, throughout the zoom range for increased clarity and sharpness.
- Multi-coated elements help to suppress lens flare and ghosting for greater contrast and color accuracy.
- POWER O.I.S. compensates for camera shake in order to realize sharper photos and videos when shooting handheld.
- Stepping motor provides smooth and near-silent autofocus that pairs with an inner focusing design for quick performance. The AF system is also compatible with Lumix cameras’ high-speed contrast-detection systems for focusing speeds up to 240 fps.
- Splash and dust-resistant design benefits working in inclement weather conditions.
- Rounded seven-blade diaphragm produces a smooth out-of-focus quality when working with shallow depth of field techniques.
Below are the detailed specifications:
|Lens type||Zoom lens|
|Max Format size||FourThirds|
|Focal length||14–140 mm|
|Lens mount||Micro Four Thirds|
|Number of diaphragm blades||7|
|Special elements / coatings||2 ED, 3 aspherical elements|
|Minimum focus||0.30 m (11.81″)|
|Motor type||Stepper motor|
|Full time manual||No|
|Weight||265 g (0.58 lb)|
|Diameter||67 mm (2.64″)|
|Length||75 mm (2.95″)|
|Zoom method||Rotary (extending)|
|Filter thread||58 mm|
Read more Panasonic Lens Rumors