Bryan Carnathan has just posted a full review of the new Canon RF 50mm F1.2L USM lens (Amazon/ B&H/ Adorama) at the the-digital-picture.com. This new lens is big, expensive and pretty, but does it perform?
Conclusion from TDP, “A great 50mm prime lens has been high on the want list for many photographers and with the RF 50mm f/1.2L USM Lens, Canon has delivered big. While the price may keep such a lens on the want list for those with a tighter budget, many serious amateurs and professionals are going to find this lens to be an essential part of their kit…The 50mm focal length has great general purpose utility and the ultra-wide aperture extends this lens’ versatility to ultra-low light levels. Just having an ultra-wide aperture does not mean that the wide-open image quality will be adequate for your needs, but there is no worry when using this lens at f/1.2. The resolution and contrast are great, far better than any other Canon 50mm lens. AF accuracy is critical for lenses delivering shallow depth of field and this one performs impressively….”
Below are some sample images taken with Canon EOS R. Just enjoy.
- Canon EOS R Body – Pre-order —Amazon/ B&H/ Adorama
- Canon EOS R Body w/ RF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM Lens – Pre-order —Amazon/ B&H/ Adorama
- RF 28-70mm f/2L USM Lens – Pre-order–Amazon/ B&H/ Adorama
- RF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM – Pre-order–Amazon/ B&H/ Adorama
- RF 35mm f/1.8 Macro IS STM -Pre-order-Amazon/B&H/Adorama
- RF 50mm f/1.2L USM Lens – Pre-order–Amazon/ B&H/ Adorama
- EF-M 32mm f/1.4 STM – Pre-order-Amazon/ B&H/ Adorama
Read more Canon Lens Rumors