Fred Miranda has just posted a full review of the newly announced Sony FE 24mm F1.4 GM Lens (Amazon/ B&H/ Adorama) at the fredmiranda.com. Sony FE 24mm f/1.4 GM is a new wide-angle prime lens for the Sony Alpha full-frame mirrorless camera system. He said, Sony hit a home run with their FE 24/1.4 GM lens.
Conclusion from Fred Miranda , “Uniting all the attributes within this all rounder – It’s superb for nightscapes, travel, environment portraits and as a walk-around general lens. Once again Sony created a top resolution lens, without neglecting out of focus rendering. At infinity distance, it’s sharp from center to extreme corners at f/1.4 and has superb resolution starting at f/2.8. At f/4, it even competes with landscape specialists like the Loxia 25/2.4. All this with a flat-field performance.”
- Great resolution from wide open across the field. The best extreme corners I’ve seen at 24mm and f/1.4.
- Minimal Field Curvature. The lens is practically flat-field.
- Superb rendering with smooth bokeh at any distance.
- Round bokeh balls with clean inner structure. (No onion ring pattern)
- Superb coma performance. (The best in the business)
- Great MFD performance. Works great with close-up achromats for even greater magnification.
- Great build quality with low tolerance construction
- Weather sealed. This is a big advance to landscape specialists like the Loxia line.
- Super light and compact for a 24mm f/1.4 lens.
- Fast and quiet AF with great Eye AF performance.
- Great ergonomics with custom button, aperture ring with de-clicking, AF/MF button.
- Linear manual focus by wire implementation. It really feels like the real thing. 🙂
- Low Distortion.
Read More: Sony lens Rumors