Best Video Lens to ...

Notifications
Clear all

Best Video Lens to Pair with Nikon Z8 ?

4 Posts
4 Users
5 Likes
Topic starter

I just picked up the new Nikon Z8 mirrorless camera primarily for video work. Any suggestions on the best native Z-mount lens to pair with it for shooting video? I'm looking for a versatile zoom lens that will cover a range of focal lengths. Budget is flexible for the right lens. Thanks!

Topic Tags
4 Answers

For an extremely versatile zoom range for video, I highly recommend the Nikon NIKKOR Z 24-70mm f/2.8 S lens. It's a pro-grade lens that covers wide angle to short telephoto focal lengths with a constant fast f/2.8 aperture. The optics are spectacular - tack sharp from edge to edge with beautiful bokeh. It also has great video features like de-clickable aperture control, minimal focus breathing, and fast silent autofocus. An ideal high-end zoom for the Z8.

If you need more reach, check out the Nikon NIKKOR Z 70-200mm f/2.8 VR S. An excellent telephoto zoom with in-lens stabilization to complement the Z8's IBIS. Razor sharp optics and creamy bokeh. Focuses rapidly and silently. Built like a tank. A must-have lens for tight shots, interviews, nature videography and anytime you need to zoom in tight on the action.

Topic starter

The new announced tamron 28-75mm f/2.8 Di iii VXD G2 lens is another great video lens with a much lower price tag.

Don't forget about prime lenses! I love using the Nikon NIKKOR Z 50mm f/1.8 S as an all-around prime on my Z8. It's super sharp, focuses lightning fast and silently, and gives me that shallow depth of field when I need it at f/1.8. The focal length is perfect as a normal view on the Z8. Highly recommend this as a complement to a zoom lens.

Share: