Best Wide-Angle Len...

Notifications
Clear all

Best Wide-Angle Lens for Nikon Z8?

5 Posts
6 Users
7 Likes
Topic starter

I'm on the hunt for the best wide-angle lens to complement its impressive capabilities. As a landscape and architecture photographer, having a high-quality wide-angle lens is crucial for capturing breathtaking scenes and impressive structures. I'm open to recommendations from fellow Nikon enthusiasts and would appreciate any insights or personal experiences you can share.

Topic Tags
4 Answers

The Nikon Z8 is a fantastic full-frame mirrorless camera. For the best wide-angle lens to pair with it, consider these top options:

1. NIKKOR Z 14-24mm f/2.8 S: This is Nikon's flagship wide-angle zoom for the Z mount. It offers an ultra-wide perspective, fast f/2.8 constant aperture, and excellent sharpness and control of distortion. Ideal for landscapes, architecture, and astrophotography.

2. NIKKOR Z 20mm f/1.8 S: If you prefer primes, this 20mm lens is exceptionally sharp, fast, and compact. Great for low light, night skies, environmental portraits, and as a general wide prime.

3. Laowa 15mm f/2 Zero-D: A manual focus lens from Venus Optics that provides a very wide 110° angle of view. The "Zero-D" refers to virtually zero distortion which is impressive for a lens this wide. Compact, sharp, and affordable.

4. Nikon NIKKOR Z 14-30mm f/4 S: A lighter, more compact option than the 14-24mm f/2.8. Still very sharp and takes screw-on filters which the f/2.8 version does not. An excellent value.

Avatar KLLLWME 06/04/2024 1:58 pm

@6ooo6 I prefer NIKKOR Z 14-30mm f/4 s lens, lighter than Z 14-24 2.8

For best image quality, buy this z 14-24mm f/2.8 S, for lightweight and compact size, choose Z 14-30mm f/4 s.

From wide-angle prime lens, I recommended the NIKKOR Z 20mm f/1.8 S.

Z 15-35mm f/2.8 S lens

Share: