Forum

What's the best por...

Notifications
Clear all

What's the best portrait lens for the Nikon Z8?

4 Posts
5 Users
2 Likes
Topic starter

I recently upgraded to the Nikon Z8 mirrorless camera and am looking for recommendations on the best native Z-mount lens for portrait photography. I'd prefer a prime lens with a wide aperture for nice background bokeh. Any suggestions from fellow Z8 shooters?

Topic Tags
4 Answers

For portrait photography on the Nikon Z8, I highly recommend the NIKKOR Z 85mm f/1.8 S lens. Here's why:

• The 85mm focal length is ideal for flattering portraits. It provides a comfortable working distance and natural perspective.
  • The fast f/1.8 maximum aperture allows you to achieve beautiful background separation and bokeh for professional-looking results.
  • The lens is tack sharp, even when used wide open, ensuring your subjects' eyes and facial details are rendered with excellent clarity.
  • It has a sturdy build quality yet is relatively lightweight and portable, making it great for location portrait sessions.

I've been using this lens on my Z8 for the last few months and couldn't be happier with the portraits I'm getting. The combination of the high-res Z8 sensor and the optical performance of this 85mm is hard to beat. Highly recommended for any Nikon Z portrait shooter!

The NIKKOR Z 85mm f/1.2 S lens is of course the best portrait lens, but the price is not cheap.

If you looking for a higher-end portrait lens, get the Z 85mm f/1.2 S Lens.

Waiting for Sigma to release DG DN art lens for Nikon Z.

Share: