Nikon has just announced the super telephoto AF-S NIKKOR 500mm F/5.6E PF ED VR lens. This new lens costs $3,596.95, available for Pre-Order at B&H/ Adorama.
- Super telephoto designed for use with FX-format Nikon F-mount cameras, this lens is also compatible with DX models where it will provide a 750mm equivalent focal length.
- One Phase Fresnel element and three extra-low dispersion lens elements work to greatly reduce chromatic aberrations and color fringing; improve overall image sharpness, clarity, and color fidelity; and help to minimize the overall weight of the lens.
- A Nano Crystal Coat, along with a Super Integrated Coating, has been applied to lens elements to minimize surface and internal reflections for a marked reduction in lens flare and ghosting.
- Vibration Reduction image stabilization helps to reduce the appearance of camera shake by four stops, benefiting this lens’s use in low-light conditions. Additionally, a designated Sport Mode is well-suited to working in fast-paced conditions and a Tripod Mode helps to suppress subtle ground vibrations when working atop a support system.
- Silent Wave Motor affords quick, quiet, and precise autofocus performance along with full-time manual focus override. An internal focusing design is also used, where only the internal lens groups are moved during focusing, to maintain the overall length of the lens during use and to promote faster focusing speeds.
- Fluorine-coated front element affords protection to the optical system.
- Dust- and moisture-resistant magnesium-alloy lens barrel benefits the lens’ use in inclement conditions.
- A removable tripod collar is included with the lens for well-balanced support when working from a monopod or tripod.
- Specialized electromagnetic aperture mechanism provides greater exposure control stability that is especially beneficial when working with fast continuous shooting rates.
|Camera Mount Type
||Nikon FX/35mm Film
|Angle of View
|Minimum Focus Distance
||9.84′ / 3 m
|Maximum Reproduction Ratio
||19 Elements in 11 Groups
||Yes Removable – rotating
||Front: 95 mm
||Approx. 4.17 x 9.33″ / 106 x 237 mm
||3.21 lb / 1460 g
- AF-S NIKKOR 500mm F/5.6E PF ED VR lens —Pre-Order– B&H/ Adorama.
Read More Nikon Lens Rumors