Sigma has just officially announced the new Sigma 85mm F1.4 DG DN Art lens. It is a fast portrait prime lens for Sony E and Panasonic/Leica/Sigma’s L-mount, featuring 15 elements, including 1 aspherical and 5 SLD (special low dispersion), 11 aperture blades , minimum focus distance of 0.85m (34″) and the maximum magnification is 0.12x. This new lens costs $1,199, first available for pre-order at B&H/ Adorama.
Below are the key features of Sigma 85mm F1.4 DG DN Art lens:
- As part of the Art line within Sigma’s Global Vision series, this lens is designed to achieve truly notable optical performance and is ideally suited for creative and artistic applications.
- Portrait-length lens is designed for full-frame Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras but can also be used with APS-C models where it provides a 127.5mm equivalent focal length.
- Bright f/1.4 maximum aperture is particularly well-suited for working in available light conditions and provides extensive control over depth of field for isolating subject matter with selective focus.
- Five Special Low Dispersion (SLD) elements markedly reduce chromatic aberrations and color fringing for improved clarity and color accuracy.
- One aspherical element and four high refractive index glass elements control spherical aberrations and distortion for increased sharpness and accurate rendering.
- Integrated stepping motor realizes quick and quiet autofocus, which is further complemented by an optimized AF algorithm to produce smoother focusing performance.
- Manual aperture ring can be de-clicked for smooth, silent aperture switching to benefit video applications. Additionally, a dedicated aperture ring lock switch can also be employed to prevent accidental shifting of the aperture setting.
- Built-in Autofocus-Lock (AFL) button which can be assigned additional functions widens the range of operations available on the lens.
- Rounded eleven-blade diaphragm contributes to a smooth and pleasing bokeh quality.
- Weather-resistant construction with a brass bayonet that affords improved mounting accuracy and rigidity.
Read more Sigma Lens Rumors
See also 2020 Sigma Lens Deals