- Portrait-length prime is designed for full-frame Canon RF-mount mirrorless digital cameras.
- exceptionally bright f/1.2 maximum aperture affords extensive control over depth of field for selective focus applications and also benefits working in low-light situations.
- Blue Spectrum Refractive Optics element virtually eliminates color fringing and chromatic aberrations by refracting shorter wavelengths of the visible spectrum (blue light).
- One aspherical element and one UD element also help to control aberrations and distortions for sharper, clearer image quality.
- Air Sphere Coating (ASC) has been applied to lens elements to reduce backlit flaring and ghosting for maintained light transmission and high contrast in strong lighting conditions.
- Ring-type Ultrasonic Motor (USM), along with optimized focusing algorithms, a high-speed CPU, and an internal focusing design, is employed to deliver fast, precise, and quiet autofocus performance as well as full-time manual focus override.
- Configurable Control Ring can be used to adjust a variety of exposure settings, including aperture, ISO, and exposure compensation.
- As a member of the esteemed L-series, this lens has a weather-resistant design that protects against dust and moisture to enable its use in inclement conditions.
Below are the full Canon’s Mirrorless full-frame system pre-order links:
- Canon EOS R Body – Pre-order –Amazon/ B&H/ Adorama
- Canon EOS R Body w/ RF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM Lens – Pre-order –Amazon/ B&H/ Adorama
- RF 28-70mm f/2L USM Lens – Pre-order-Amazon/ B&H/ Adorama
- RF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM – Pre-order-Amazon/ B&H/ Adorama
- RF 35mm f/1.8 Macro IS STM -Pre-order-Amazon/B&H/Adorama
- RF 50mm f/1.2L USM Lens – Pre-order-Amazon/ B&H/ Adorama
Read more Canon Lens Rumors
See also 2019 Canon Lens Deals