Fujifilm has just officially announced the new Fujifilm GF 100-200mm F5.6 R LM OIS WR lens. It is a medium telephoto lens for Fujifilm GFX medium-format cameras. This lens has 9 rounded aperture blades, a linear focus motor and a minimum focus distance of 60cm. It costs $1,999, available for Pre-Order at Amazon/ B&H/ Adorama.
FULL PRESS RELEASE
Fujifilm releases “FUJINON LENS GF100-200mmF5.6 R LM OIS WR”
– First telephoto zoom lens for the GFX Series of medium-format mirrorless digital cameras with large sensor
– Astonishing image resolution with 100MP+ sensors, image stabilization, and weather resistance to handle a variety of shooting conditions
– Provides greater shooting coverage when combined with the FUJINON Teleconverter GF1.4X TC WR, extending the focal length by 1.4 times
January 17, 2019
FUJIFILM Corporation (President: Kenji Sukeno) has announced that it will release the “FUJINON LENS GF100-200mmF5.6 R LM OIS WR” (GF100-200mmF5.6 R LM OIS WR) in mid February, 2019, expanding the lineup of GF interchangeable lenses for the GFX Series of medium-format mirrorless digital cameras carrying the large-size FUJIFILM G Format image sensors*, approx. 1.7 times the size of 35mm full-frame sensors. The GF100-200mmF5.6 R LM OIS WR is the first telephoto zoom GF lens with the maximum f-stop value of 5.6 and focal length range of 100mm-200mm (equivalent to 79-158mm in the 35mm film format), making it a perfect choice for landscape and nature photography that accentuates the main photo subject.
GF Lenses are Fujifilm’s highest-grade lenses that deliver astonishing image resolving performance and rich tonal reproduction, made possible by the company’s outstanding optical design technology and production technology that process lens surfaces at micron-level precision. The expertise has been nurtured with the development of industry-leading FUJINON lenses, including cine lenses that were awarded the Engineering Emmy ® Award by the U.S. Television Academy. The GF lenses can bring out the full potential of the FUJIFILM GFX 50S and FUJIFILM GFX 50R mirrorless digital cameras, already released. They fully support the 100MP+ image sensor, to be incorporated in the GFX Series’ flagship model, currently under development. Coupled with Fujifilm’s unique color reproduction technology, these lenses deliver image quality of the world’s highest level.
The GF100-200mmF5.6 R LM OIS WR follows in the footsteps of previous GF lenses in offering amazing image resolving performance and rich tonal reproduction to even capture the atmosphere of each scene. Its 5.0-stop image stabilization function assists you when shooting hand-held. The lens’s weather-sealed construction makes it dust and weather resistant and capable of operating in temperatures down to -10°C, allowing you to shoot even in outdoors in light rain or in dusty conditions, and achieving a high level of reliability as photography equipment for professional photographers. It can be mounted on the already available FUJINON Teleconverter GF1.4X TC WR** (GF1.4X TC WR), a high-performance teleconverter that extends lens’s focal length by 1.4 times, to cover the focal length range of 140mm-280mm (equivalent to 111-221mm in the 35mm film format) for even greater shooting coverage.
* Image sensor measuring 43.8 x 32.9mm
** Lens fitted between a camera body and a main lens to extend the lens’s focal length by 1.4 times while drawing out the lens’s advanced optical performance to the maximum extent. The use of teleconverter drops the f-stop value by one stop.
The addition of the GF100-200mmF5.6 R LM OIS WR expands the lineup of GF lenses to nine lenses. Complemented with various accessories, Fujifilm offers broad shooting coverage to deliver users with the joy of taking photographs with the GFX Series of cameras.
1. Main features
- Astonishing image resolution and rich tonal reproduction
- Powerful image stabilization performance
- Fast, quiet and accurate AF
- Robust design to withstand a variety of shooting conditions
- Expanded shooting coverage with the use of the high-performance GF1.4X TC WR teleconverter
2. Main specification
|Lens type||Zoom lens|
|Max Format size||Medium Format (44x33mm)|
|Focal length||100–200 mm|
|CIPA Image stabilization rating||5 stop(s)|
|Lens mount||Fujifilm G|
|Number of diaphragm blades||9|
|Special elements / coatings||1 aspherical + 2 super ED elements|
|Minimum focus||0.60 m (23.62″)|
|Motor type||Linear Motor|
|Full time manual||Yes|
|Focus distance limiter||Yes|
|Weight||1050 g (2.31 lb)|
|Diameter||90 mm (3.52″)|
|Length||183 mm (7.2″)|
|Zoom method||Rotary (extending)|
|Filter thread||67 mm|
So far there are seven Fujifilm GF mount lenses on the market.
- Fujifilm GF 23mm F4 R LM WR Lens–check price–Amazon/ B&H/ Adorama
- Fujiifilm GF 45mm F2.8 R WR Lens–check price–Amazon/ B&H/ Adorama
- Fujifilm GF 63mm F2.8 R WR Lens–check price–Amazon/ B&H/ Adorama
- Fujifilm GF 110mm F2 R LM WR Lens–check price–Amazon/ B&H/ Adorama
- Fujifilm GF 32-64mm F4 R LM WR–check price–Amazon/ B&H/ Adorama
- Fujifilm GF 120mm F4 R LM OIS WR Macro–check price–Amazon/ B&H/ Adorama
- Fujifilm GF 250mm F4 R LM OIS WR lens– Adorama/ B&H
Read more Fujifilm Lens Rumors