Venus Optics has just officially announced the new Laowa 85mm F5.6 2x Ultra Macro Apo lens for Canon RF, Nikon Z, Sony FE and Leica M mounts. It is a mirrorless-designed macro lens with 28.55° angle of view for full frame. It is the smallest 2x macro lens in the Full Frame market. It weighs just around 252g (Leica M mount without caps and hood) which is super portable and handy for macro shooters. It features an apochromatic (APO) characteristic that chromatic aberration at both ‘in-focus’ & ‘out-of-focus’ is compressed to minimum. This new lens is able to focus from 2:1 magnification to infinity which can serve as both macro and portrait lens with great image quality.
This new lens costs $449.
Below are the key features of Laowa 85mm F5.6 2x Ultra Macro Apo lens:
- Focal Length 85mm
- Max. Aperture f/5.6
- Angle of View 28.55°
- Format Compatibility Full Frame
- Lens Structure 13 elements in 9 groups (3 ED glasses)
- Aperture Blades 7
- Min. Focusing Distance 16.3cm
- Max. Magnification 2:1
- Filter Thread Ф46mm
- Dimensions Φ53mm×81mm (Sony E)
- Weight (with lens cap, rear cap and lens hood) Canon RF: 310g / Nikon Z: 314g/ Sony FE:291g /Leica M: 289g
- Mounts Canon RF/ Nikon Z/ Sony E/ Leica M