Leica has just officially announced the new Leica APO-Summicron-SL 35mm F2 ASPH lens. It is a fast, standard prime lens for Leica L-mount full-frame cameras, featuring 13 elements, 5 of which are aspherical, two stepping motors, a unique magnetic manual focusing system and dust and moisture sealed. This new lens costs $4,595, first available for Pre-Order at B&H/ Adorama. It is expected to start shipping from April 5, 2019.
- Wide-angle 35mm f/2 lens is designed for full-frame Leica L-mount mirrorless cameras, however can also be used with APS-C models where it provides a 52.5mm equivalent focal length.
- Bright f/2 maximum aperture benefits working in low-light conditions and also affords greater control over depth of field for working with selective focusing techniques.
- Five aspherical elements are used to reduce distortion and spherical aberrations for improved sharpness and accurate rendering.
- Apochromatic design employs anomalous partial dispersion glass to suppress chromatic aberrations throughout the aperture range for increased color accuracy and clarity.
- Multi-layer coatings have been applied to individual elements to suppress surface reflections, flare, and ghosting for increased contrast and color fidelity.
- Dual Syncro Drive stepping motor delivers quick, precise, and near-silent autofocus performance to suit both photo and video applications. This system also avails full-time manual focus override.
- Water-repellent AquaDura coating has been applied to the front and rear optical surfaces to protect against moisture and other elements.
- Weather-sealed design protects against dust and moisture to benefit working in inclement shooting conditions
Below are the detailed specifications:
|Lens type||Prime lens|
|Max Format size||35mm FF|
|Focal length||35 mm|
|Lens mount||Leica SL|
|Special elements / coatings||5 aspherical elements, MC and Aquadura coatings|
|Minimum focus||0.27 m (10.63″)|
|Motor type||Stepper motor|
|Full time manual||Yes|
|Focus distance limiter||No|
|Weight||720 g (1.59 lb)|
|Diameter||73 mm (2.87″)|
|Length||102 mm (4.02″)|
|Filter thread||67 mm|
Read More Leica Lens Rumors