LensTip has just posted a detailed review of the new released Olympus M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 300mm f/4 IS PRO Lens (Amazon/B&H/Adorama/eBay). They tested this super telephoto lens on the Olympus E-M10 and found many pros except the price.
- solid casing, extra well-sealed against dust and splashwater, combined with very high build quality,
- excellent image quality in the frame centre,
- very good image quality on the edge of the frame,
- imperceptible longitudinal chromatic aberration,
- practically zero lateral chromatic aberration,
- good correction of spherical aberration,
- lack of distortion,
- very low coma,
- slight astigmatism,
- nice blurry areas,
- practically zero vignetting level,
- very efficient image stabilization,
- fast, quiet and accurate autofocus,
- good cooperation with the tele-converter.
Conclusion from LensTip:”I have to admit Olympus managed to produce such a device. The results are splendid in practically all categories apart from flares and in some of them (e.g. vignetting and chromatic aberration) they are simply sensational. Add to that one of the most efficient optical stabilization units we’ve ever had the pleasure of testing, a very good autofocus and a perfect cooperation with a tele-converter and it would be difficult to ask for more….”
|SUPPORT LENS-RUMORS, BUY FROM ONE OF OUR AFFILIATE RETAILERS, THANKS !|
|Olympus ED 300mm f4.0 IS PRO||Check Price||Amazon/B&H/Adorama/eBay|
Below are several sample photos taken with Olympus E-M10. Just click to see the zoom and enjoy!
Read more Olympus Lens Rumors