John Riley has just posted a full review of the Zeiss Batis 18mm F2.8 lens (Amazon/ B&H/ Adorama) at the ePhotozine.com. He tested this lens on Sony A7 III and found many pros: Excellent sharpness, Low CA levels, Flare well controlled, Good distortion levels, Modest vignetting, Fast, silent AF, Weather sealing, Light and relatively compact and High-quality manufacture.
Below is the verdict, “Zeiss Batis 18mm fits beautifully on the Sony E system cameras. 18mm lenses are not the easiest to use and do need working at. Apart from the potential for indoor architecture, the sweeping vistas of the landscape will usually only look good if the foreground is powerful as well. Otherwise, mountains may look very small in the background. So as a general rule, we need to get in and then get in closer. An example is the picture of the stag, which was shot from only about three feet away and yet the creature takes up just a small part of the frame...”
2019 Black Friday & Cyber Monday is coming!
- Zeiss Batis 18mm f/2.8 – $240 Off – at B&H/ Adorama/ Amazon
- Zeiss Batis 25mm f/2 – $349 Off – at B&H/ Adorama/ Amazon
- Zeiss Batis 40mm F2 CF –$175 Off—Amazon/ Adorama/ B&H
- Zeiss Batis 85mm f/2.8 – $150 Off – at B&H/ Adorama/ Amazon
- Zeiss Batis 135mm f/2.8 – $204 Off – at B&H/ Adorama/ Amazon
Read More Zeiss Lens Rumor